Tamilnadu style|Egg Kothu Parotta
The most favorite street food dinner recipe of Tamilnadu and Kerala state. Each restaurant and food stalls prepare the Egg Kothu Parotta in different methods. From Onion, Vegetable, Egg to Chicken, Mutton and meat, the list of the Ingredients grow as you creativity grows with this Kothu Parotta Recipe.
The base of this recipe is cooked parottas, good shredded parotta need the fluffy parotta base. This recipe basically made with the parottas, chicken gravy (salna) and scramble the eggs during the process of making the recipe.
Watching the street side kothu parotta making is enjoyable and entertaining one. The Chef torn the parottas into pieces roughly by hand, throw them to the hot humongous tawa (pan) and he chop it with the metal turner like a drummer with mix of all the ingredients.
Here we shared the one, you can try at your home, Home style egg kothu parotta, easy step by step egg parotta video recipe. Enjoy this home-style flaky shredded egg parotta with the simple ingredients.
- Parotta – 4
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 cup chopped
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chilli / jalapeno – 2 chopped
- Green bean – 1 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1 cup chopped
- Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 4
- Chicken kurma / curry – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Shred the Parotta
- Heat the pan, and add 1/4 cup of oil
- Add chopped onion, Curry leaves and saute for few mins until the onion turn translucent
- Add chopped tomato, saute and mix
- Add chopped green chili
- Add chopped beans and carrot, saute well
- Add salt, chili powder, coriander powder and gram masala
- mix well
- Add water, bring to thick consistency
- Add the shred parotta into the mix
- Add eggs and salt
- start to scramble the egg along with parotta mix
- Add chicken gravy / curry / korma
- Saute untill the kothu parotta fluffy, dry and crumble
For detail recipe, please go to https://youtube.com/foodworkschannel and please don’t forget to like, share and subscribe our Foodworks Channel.